Thursday, March 17, 2011

Organized Home: Spicy Legos

I am still working on the 40 bags in 40 days challenge, but I am finding that I am organizing more than I am throwing away.

Still, I did give some things away

1. 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks to Goodwill
2. 4 bags of children's winter clothing to Goodwill

Since I got a very timely phone call from Cedar lake lodge yesterday, the next bags will go to them.  Their truck will be in the area on Friday morning, so I better get moving!

3. 1 comforter
4. Jeans, T-shirts, blouses and other adult clothing
5. Toss pillows, children's clothing

Beyond that, I did a lot of laundry and finally got to the bottom of that permanent pile in the laundry room.  

Apart from that, I cleaned a lot of junk, that had no business being there, from my bedroom.  I didn't throw much of that out, but I did clear about 5 boxes of stuff out of there - and I am currently debating, if Goodwill would like to have all of the left-over supplies from my Mary Kay days.  

In addition, I organized the spice cabinet.  I had been wanting to get one of those stair-step spice organizers for a while, but didn't know whether they would actually work. 

To see, if it would make a difference, I made my own... with Duplo blocks...


Clearly, you have to label the lids to see what spices you have.  I labeled the red lids with a sharpie and I'll be putting stickers on the black lids. 



No comments:

Post a Comment