Most of the work was accomplished during spring break. After that, my life got sort-of busy with the regular work, home and volunteer commitments I have.
But let's look at what I accomplished with my "the-glass-is-half-full" mind set:
- Decluttered magazines - How many bags do they count for?
- Decluttered that laundry that seems to *live* in the laundry room - some of the items went to Goodwill
- Cleared the catch-all table in the basement - some of that went to Goodwill
- Decluttered some of the exchange student's possessions. He went home over a year ago and left a number of things behind for me to take care of. Luggage and shoes went to Goodwill
- Threw away lots and lots of garbage. How many bags is "2 Herbies"
- Did more laundry. Will it ever stop?
- Organized the hardware section of the basement. I think I have enough measuring tape and screwdrivers to last a lifetime.
- Organized all the cables, phone cords and AC adapters I have accumulated over a lifetime. Most of those will go into the next yard sale. (I did find the 2 AC adapters I was actually looking for. One belonged to a weather radio and came in quite handy during the 2 tornado warnings we had in the last 3 days.....)
I am looking forward to having the neighborhood yard sale in May! My house will be a lot emptier after that.
This task does not end after 40 days....